Wednesday, November 30, 2011

15 going on 70

Ever have one of those days that tests every part of you.  A day that forces you to question yourself in every way possible. This week I'm shooting for 70 miles (112km), which is the most I've ever done in a week.   My goal is not just junk mileage either, I want quality.  Within that quality mileage there are workouts that must be done.  

Today was one of those days though.  Cold, snow, wet, and f*ing windy....Just a typical Canadian winter eh.  30 minutes of a continuous hill circuit, where every minute seemed to be running into the wind.  The kind of wind that damn near stops you in your tracks.  And that shooting wet cold that penetrates through your shoes when you step in a puddle, it just sucked.

But it tested me on every level.  And I succeeded.  I pushed through the pain, the cold, the wind, the wet and ran over 5miles of the hill circuit.  I held about 5:45 min/mile pace for the 30min, which on paper doesn't seem overly impressive but today was a mental game. Today was tucking my head down pumping my arms and cursing as loud as I could up Brimley Hill.  

Every workout has a purpose and today was that.  I throw that in the bank and move on to the next.  15miles today, and 32 in the past 3 days....on my way.


BRING IT!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment