Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What's Your Strong



 There are few things greater than the feeling of competition. The nervousness feeling as you prepare.  The doubting feeling that penetrates your mind, then immediately the belief in yourself.  The blood that is pumping hard and strong throughout your body.  Your mind racing faster and faster.  Oh man, even as I write it, I can feel it.  I love this sh*t.

However with all this, one thing that comes as close to that great feeling is the "RECOVERY WEEK".  It's a magical time in every athlete's life when they can ease off it for a brief period and just, recover. Typically you cut a % of your total volume down.  After weeks of putting in the mileage, the workouts, the weights, the....everything;  the recovery week has come. Mentally and more importantly physically I was ready for this.  Sunday I spent the afternoon/evening in a ball on my couch barely able to move from the exhaustion.  Everything hurt from head to toe.  And I loved every minute of it.  Despite being in the fetal position, I don't regret a thing.  It feels like I've accomplished something. That pain is success in it's own way.  Because each week that I push harder into that threshold, is another step closer to that end goal.

SO BRING IT!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment